Public Health Orders have been eased again In NSW for Events and Weddings as of May 17, 2021:
All NSW Weddings
The capacity at a wedding held at a premises must not exceed the greater of 1 person per 2 square metres or 25 people. Anyone can dance at a wedding. Weddings held at premises must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
There are no caps on how many people can attend a wedding held in a home. If there are more than 100 people in a home, a COVID-19 Safety Plan must be in place and visitor details must be recorded electronically.
Wedding Guests may stand for canapé and beverage services but these services cannot be self-serve – service must be from event or catering personnel to guests.
Overview of current permissions:
- Anyone can dance at a wedding however social distancing protocols remain
- Weddings held at established hospitality venues must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- There are no caps now on how many people can attend a wedding held in a private home.
- If there are more than 100 people in a home, a COVID-19 Safety Plan must be in place and visitor details must be recorded electronically by the NSW Service QR tracing app
- Social Distancing Ambassador’s remain as part of a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- The 1 person per 2 square metre rule is the current NSW PHO standard for total venue capacity
Events, businesses and organisations listed below should have registered a COVID-19 Safety Plan for all significant events and weddings.
Mandatory customer check-in:
Certain venues and premises in NSW must use the Service NSW COVID Safe Check-in app to electronically register customers.
This rule applies to:
- Funeral homes
- Memorial services
- Gatherings after funerals and memorial services
- Wedding services
- Gatherings after wedding services
- Function centres
- Hospitality venues including casinos, food and drink premises, micro-breweries, small -distilleries, pubs, small bars and registered clubs
- Entertainment facilities
- Properties operated by the National Trust or the Historic Houses Trust
- Indoor recreation facilities
- Vessels used for hosting functions or for commercial tours
Please note: customers and visitors who enter a venue without a mobile phone will be asked to record their details and time of entry on another device or manually.
If a business can’t access a device — such as when there’s a power outage — the venue must manually collect your contact details.
If you visit any of these venues or premises, you’ll need to install the Service NSW app on your mobile to record your visit.
To download the Service NSW app, visit service.nsw.gov.au and search for ‘Service NSW Mobile App’.
*Information source credit at “Service NSW”.
- Everyone in NSW must wear a face mask at all NSW airports and on domestic commercial flights that arrive in and depart NSW.
- NSW Health strongly recommends that you wear a mask if you’re not able to stay 1.5m from people you don’t live with — including on public transport or in non-residential premises.
- Before you attend an aged-cared facility or other health setting, such as a hospital, learn their face-mask policy.
- Children 12 years and under are exempt from wearing masks, but they’re encouraged to wear one where practicable.
- Toddlers under 2 years of age and babies must not wear a mask as they maybe a choking and suffocation risk.
Events that require a COVID – Safety Registered Plan with Service NSW are:
Events at a private home with more than 100 people: COVID – Safe Plan Mandatory
Funerals and Wakes: COVID – Safe Plan Mandatory
Graduation Ceremonies: COVID – Safe Plan Recommended
School Formals and Dances: COVID – Safe Plan Recommended
Weddings and Receptions: COVID – Safe Plan Mandatory
Use the COVID-19 Safety Plan at Service NSW to address the checklist of matters that relate to the social distancing parameters in NSW for events and weddings.
Things to note:
- If you complete the plan online it will take 30 to 45 minutes and must be completed in one session.
- You may need to review current NSW Health guidance on the following areas before completing your plan:
Register as a COVID -19 Safe Business
Businesses and organisations should consider the benefits of registering as COVID Safe.
If you’ve completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can register your business as COVID Safe.”
For a complete and up to date coverage of the NSW Public Health Order requirements of the day check with Service NSW on 02 9132 2344 or simply call us at LUXE – Unforgettable Events to discuss your specific wedding planning and or on the day coordination requirements that are within the permissions of the NSW Public Health Orders.
We are only ever a telephone call away…
Best for now,